• Frequently Asked Questions @ PGCPS

  • How can I get help with signing into SCHOOLMAX?

    Please visit the SchoolMax support website for help with forgotten passwords: http://www.pgcps.org/schoolmax-support/

    Your first point of contact for assistance with SchoolMAX is the Family Portal Administrator at your student's School. In most cases, they will be able to assist you.

    Back to Top >>

    I need help with my application for employment.

    Please send your questions to: hr.applications@pgcps.org.

    Back to Top >>

    How can opt-out of PGCPS phone calls and text messages?

    Parents or Guardians, if you provided PGCPS with your mobile phone number as your primary contact information, you are consenting to receive autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages with school related announcements. If you do not wish to receive these calls, please call (301) 925-2890 or email telserv@pgcps.org.

    To opt out of text messages, reply STOP to the last text message you received from PGCPS or click here and follow the prompts to unsubscribe.

    Please be advised that opting out of receiving these autodialed or pre-recorded calls also means you will not receive calls regarding student absences, tardies or school-related emergencies.

    Back to Top >>

    How do I request a student transfer, transcripts or student records?

    Please visit the Office of  Student Records, Transfers, and Archival Services.

    Back to Top >>

    I would like to give feedback on this website.

    Your feedback is important to us! Please email us at: websupport@pgcps.org.

    Back to Top >>

    Who can I contact regarding school or school system related concerns?


    Please visit "A Guide to Addressing Questions and Concerns" to determine the appropriate department or contact person to address your specific concerns. 

    Back to Top >>

    How can I report financial fraud, waste, or abuse in PGCPS?

    The Board of Education and the Chief Executive Officer of the Prince Georges County Public Schools (PGCPS) encourage any concerned individual to report financial fraud, waste, or abuse. Fraud includes all acts for personal gain, without limitation, that result in damages or losses to PGCPS.  Waste includes neglect, destruction, damage, or loss of property by someone entrusted with use.  This also includes spending unnecessarily as a result of inefficient or ineffective practices.  Abuse is improper use of resources or authority for financial gain. 

    • The Hotline toll free phone number to make a report is 1-866- 646- 2512
    • To make an online report, go to: https://pgcps.alertline.com/gcs/welcome. Select the relevant topic, then read the questions and follow the instructions carefully.

    Examples of What to Report

    Theft of money, property, inventory, or supplies

    • Compensation for hours not worked or duties not performed;
    • Falsification of time records or expense reports
    • Creation of fictitious employees/vendors
    • Falsifying invoices or transactions
    • Executing related party transactions
    • Accepting kickbacks, bribes, gifts, rebate, or anything of value in exchange for business given to a vendor
    • Removing, borrowing, or destroying PGCPS records, furniture, fixtures, or equipment without permission
    • Disclosing of confidential and proprietary information to outside parties
    • Inappropriate vendor relations
    • Unauthorized use of PGCPS facilities
    • Receipt of undue benefits for self or family members
    • Illegal activities

    For Other Concerns please contact:

    • Child Abuse/Neglect: 301-909-2000
    • Harassment/Discrimination: 240-573-7049
    • Employee Labor Relations: 301-952-6385
    • Constituent Services: 301-808-8315
    • Building Services: 301-952-6500

    Back to Top >>